To be successful in negotiating concessions requires;
Persuasion In Negotiation
- The Source. The key with the source is it must be credible.
- The Message. The message must be tailored to the needs and circumstances just like a sales person will tailor their sales presentation depending on who they are presenting to. The message comes in two parts
- What is the problem or need?
- What makes it worth solving?
- The Channel. The channel is the method by which you deliver the message.
- The Receiver. The receiver must be able to receive, understand and process the message in a way that will get action and be one that is able to look at the big picture.
It is in the persuasion activity that you use the tactics that are available to you based upon the circumstances and leverage you have..