Supplier shall deliver the Product to the Buyer on June 1, 2011
(Active voice example)
The Product shall be delivered by the Supplier to the Buyer on June 1, 2011
(passive voice example)
The Product shall be delivered to the Buyer on June 1, 2009
(passive voice example with agent performing the action omitted)
Pricing is set forth in Attachment A, entitled “Product and Price List”, five (5) pages, dated January 2, 2012, which is incorporated by reference into this (Agreement. Purchase Specification, Statement of Work or Scope of Work).
Section 11 Attachments and Exhibits.
Attachment B, entitled “Cancellation and Rescheduling Terms”, 1 page, dated January 2, 2002
Attachment C, entitled “Supplier Quality Agreement”, 5 pages, dated December 31, 2000
This Statement of Work adopts and incorporates by reference the terms and conditions of Base Agreement #_______).
- Control over the Supplier’s team that performs the work and any changes to that team.
- Control over where the work is performed
- Control over subcontracting of the work
- Restrictions against assignment of the work
- Control over changes to the product or service
- Control over changes to the process.
- Fixing their overhead and profit amount and sharing in the savings, or
- Paying them a fixed percentage for both overhead and profit based on the cost of the work?
- Make it an express commitment in the Agreement.
- Use language that establishes it as a firm commitment.
- Avoid any softening or qualifying language that would reduce the commitment.
If you learned from this post, think about how much more you could learn from the book.
The book is only US$24.95 plus shipping. The hot-link to amazon.com is above the date.